Google Female Conference and Travel Grant for ECOOP 2009
As part of Google's on-going commitment to encouraging women to excel in computing and technology, we are pleased to announce the 2009 Google ECOOP Conference Grant to encourage more female computer scientists to attend and participate in the ECOOP 2009, 8-10 July, Genova, Italy. We encourage all female computer scientists interested in Object-Oriented Programming to apply.
Two people will be chosen from the applicant pool to receive:
- free registration for the full conference. Accommodation not included.
- 300 euros for travel costs (given to the recipients at or after the event)
To be eligible for a conference grant candidates must:
- Be a female working in or studying Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or technical field related to Object-oriented programming
- Maintain a strong academic background with demonstrated leadership ability
- Attend at least 2 full days of ECOOP
To apply send, no later than 8 June 2009, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "Google ECOOP 2009 Conference grant" containing:
- your full name and email address
- current address, contact phone number and copy of photo ID
- your CV
- 1-page statement (no more than 600 words) about why you wish to attend ECOOP 2009 and why attending is important to your research and/or future career
The winners will be notified by e-mail by Thursday 11 June 09 and their names published on the conference webpage.
No pre-payment of the 300 Euro travel grant is provided. If you are a successful applicant, you will be sent a payment form, to be completed and submitted after the event.